Arthritis can be defined as inflammation or swelling of the joints. It is a very common disease which usually occurs in old age. It occurs more in women than men and causes a lot of pain and discomfort and the pain gets worse in winters.
There is no permanent treatment for arthritis, however, there are a variety of treatments available that can help you reduce the pain and symptoms of arthritis. Ayurveda, the “mother of healing” can treat any type of disease naturally. There are a few types of anti-inflammatory Ayurvedic herbs that can reduce the pain and symptoms of arthritis without any side effects. In this blog, we will discuss what are some of the common herbs used to treat arthritis pain.
What are some common herbs used to treat arthritis pain?
There are many different types of herbs that can benefit your body in many different ways. Many western researchers have proven that natural herbs act as natural anti-inflammatory drugs and can help get rid of arthritis effectively. Some common Ayurvedic herbs used to treat arthritis pain include,
- Aloe vera. Aloe vera is the most common natural herb used as a part of many health and skin care remedies. It has anti-inflammatory properties and does not have the negative gastrointestinal effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which are commonly used for arthritis pain.
- Nirgundi. Nirgundi herb is the most commonly used herb for joint pain and swelling. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-culvulsing and antioxidant properties that help in many ways. You can use Nirgundi oil to massage around the joints and it is very beneficial for arthritis pain.
- Ginger. Ginger is a natural medicine that can treat a number of ailments. It also contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help in reducing pain. It also stimulates the digestive and other related glands to increase blood circulation which helps in reducing the pain and swelling of arthritis.
- Ajwain. Ajwain or Celery is a natural anti-inflammatory herb that acts as a natural medicine for arthritis. In winter, the pain of arthritis can increase and cause discomfort. Ajwain is one of the best options to get rid of arthritis pain in winters.
- Shallaki. Shallaki is the most commonly used ingredient for joint problems. Shallaki acts as a pain reliever that reduces joint pain and benefits our body in many ways.
- Eucalyptus. Eucalyptus or Nilgiri contains tannins that can reduce inflammation and pain caused by arthritis or any other degenerative diseases. It is also a very common herbal remedy for arthritis.
There are many other herbal ingredients that can benefit your body and help to get rid of arthritis pain.